The sweet My Precious Daughter papers bring magic to projects! This stationery box opens to reveal a clipboard clip on the left and an open box on the right to hold cards and envelopes. I used a variety of different but matching images, papers, and flowers for each of the cards and envelopes. Although the construction of the project is simple, it is functional and makes a lovely gift when covered with this wonderful paper collection. I’m enclosing the instructions for this easy project below. It is designed to hold cards and envelopes up to about 5″ x 7″ size.
1. Cut card stock piece #1 to measure 11 1/2″ x8″ and then score at 5″ and 6 1/2″ down the longer side.
OPTIONAL: I applied a very thin piece of chipboard to each of the 3 sections below to provide additional support. I cut each of the 3 chipboard sections 1/8″ less in width so the chipboard would not interfere with closure of the box.
2. Glue some ribbon or seam binding 2 1/4″ from the bottom of each side of card stock piece #1. When tied in a bow, this will help hold the lower part of the box together as well as provide decoration.
3. Cut card stock piece #2 to measure 12″ x 7 13/16″ and then score at 2 9/16″ and 4″ down the longer side and 1 7/16″ and 6 3/8″ down the shorter side.
4. Cut the sides as shown in card stock piece #2 below and then fold along all score lines to form the open box.
5. Line up the right side of the box exactly with the far right edge of card stock piece #1 and adhere. This placement will allow 1/16″ on the left of the box to provide easier closure.
6. For the lid, cut a piece of card stock measuring 8 1/16″ x 4 9/16 and score at 1 1/2″ on all sides. Cut to score lines as shown below. Form and adhere.
7. Apply the beautiful papers of Pion Design to cover all the visible card stock and then adhere a clip board clip to the upper left of cardstock piece #1.
Have a great day!
My Precious Daughter ~ Alma’s dress PD4907
My Precious Daughter ~ Baby doll PD4904
My Precious Daughter ~ Borders PD4910
My Precious Daughter 6×6″ ~ My daughter PD5001
My Precious Daughter 6×6″ ~ Baby doll PD5004
by DT ~ Tara
Thanks soo much for the great tutorial here for this awesome and sooo sooo beautiful Stationary Box. It´s sooo gorgeous and sooo well made and will make a perfect gift for any girl, you may wish to give a little something. And made with these gorgeous papers too, just makes it totally perfect and even more beautiful.
Have a wonderful week ahead now and hopefully lots of crafty fun too.
Wow Tara, this is stunning! Such a lovely papers, images, flowers, Pearls, just everything on it is beautiful. So nice to see all the pictures of how it is made.
Hugs from the Netherlands, liefs Hanny,
I am always looking for new altered art projects, can’t wait to see your next one, they are so beautiful
C’est superbe, merci pour le tuto.
Fantastic work Tara ♥
Radovi su vam prelijepi, oduševljena sam već duže vrijeme njima, i pratim ih i divim im se. Prava ste umjetnica. Lijepi pozdrav iz Osijeka, Hrvatska
This project is so amazingly beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing the photos and the tutorial. I’m so happy I discovered this site. Happy 2016!